Monday, July 20, 2015

Finding my personal and professional tribe?

In my #flipclass chat this week, we were asked to blog about how we experience community outside our classroom.  This has been a large area of growth and discovery for me this last few months.  I saw this image earlier and thought it best describes me.  One of the quick areas of community is chat sessions like #flipchat.  I really enjoy chatting with the like minded individuals on there and getting great new ideas.  I really believe any professional, not matter what field, would benefit by finding a twitter group and communicating with them.
I have also learned to stop looking at the number of followers I have one twitter because I post things on twitter I think people would be interested in, and that I am interested in, so if they choose not to follow me I hope they follow someone who sparks there interests and curiosities.
Another community area I have recently learned about is google communities.  I know I am late to the party on this one, but I really have found this to be a great way to share information and communicate with people that share the same interests as I do.
While electronic communities are great to globally expand communities, I love meeting groups in person and talking to them.  It is great meeting people in your "virtual community" in person so you can have a good conversation in more than 140 characters.
Personally this question is really hard for me because although I love to talk to people I really do not create a community around me very well and really struggle with that.  I feel like I hop between groups, but have not found "the group" for me.  Maybe that's a good thing. I'll keep reflecting on that.
Thanks for reading!  If you would like to be part of my "tribe" follow me on twitter @Ldg32, I would appreciate it and look forward to chatting with you!



No comments:

Post a Comment